Sunday, October 6, 2013

Summary Answers

Here are my summary answers for my Pop Culture Blog


1. What is popular culture, and what does it mean to you?
     I would say that popular culture is the mainstream beliefs, views, thoughts, actions, etc. of modern society. I would also describe it as what is generally accepted by the general public. Popular culture does not mean a whole lot to me. I've never really just accepted what the media or society say. I have my own thoughts and beliefs on things generally.

2. Why is an understanding of popular culture relevant to you in a business environment and in your present and future career?
     Understanding popular culture is very relevant in a business environment. I am an accounting major and will be dealing with people everyday of my work. Knowing what is going on in popular culture and knowing how stuff is done now is important in accounting. Clients will not be comfortable having their taxes and investing done with someone who, for example, doesn't have an up-to-date cell phone or new technology. It comes off as being stuck in the old times and not able to handle the new technology or new ways of doing things.

3. What would you consider to be an example of a pop culture artifact? And why would you choose it?
     When I think of pop culture, the first two things that come to mind are cell phones and social media. The reason that those come to mind is because if you don;t have both of those, you are almost considered irrelevant in society. Everything is done with those two things now.

No comments:

Post a Comment