Thursday, October 10, 2013

Icon Analysis



     My three icons are Michael Jordan, Keith Urban, and Walt Disney. Michael Jordan was an NBA basketball player in the 1980s and 90s. He won six championships in his years with the Chicago Bulls. Keith Urban is a country music singer. Walt Disney is the creator of many beloved Disney characters including many famous ones such as Mickey Mouse.



     I chose Michael Jordan because he was my childhood hero. I would love to watch the Bulls games on tv and I would always act like I was him in my driveway when I would play basketball. I still love watching videos and highlights of him playing. I also still read every news article about him whenever something comes up on espn. I always used him as inspiration when I played basketball because of the way he handled things on the court. He is known as the greatest player of all time and also as the most competitive of all time. I loved his competitive nature.

     Keith Urban is another one of my role models. I started playing guitar when I was twelve and have always loved country music so I naturally love his music and his guitar playing especially. I had the privilege of seeing him in concert last year with my fiance at the time (now my wife). It seemed unreal being that close to someone I admire and look up to so much.

     My third and final icon is Walt Disney. I only recently became a big fan of his because I went to Disney World for my honeymoon in August. I had not been there since I was twelve, so I did not appreciate it at the time. Going there for my honeymoon was a completely different experience. It's amazing how much one man can do for so many people. He seemed like such a great man that wanted to literally make a place for people to go to get away from life. A lot of owners and CEO's of companies don't seem to care that much about their employers or even their customers as long as their product is selling. Walt Disney was not like that. He cared for his employees and wanted them to enjoy working for him. He also wanted his customers to leave with a very different feeling that when they came, which I found to be very uplifting when I was there.



No comments:

Post a Comment