Friday, November 8, 2013

Written Analysis #5



Almost every theory applied to my popular culture topic in some way. The theories that applied to my topic the most were stereotypes and rituals. Country music is filled with stereotypes from non country lovers and filled with rituals from past country artists. I thoroughly enjoyed learning about these theories and learning about how they applied to country music since I have been a country music fan all of my life. It was very interesting looking into the history of country music when studying up on the rituals. I loved learning about the Grand Ole Opry and former country stars from when my grandparents listened.
            I also loved listening to the stereotypes that people put on country music stars. Some of them are really true, but most were simply because of certain songs that people sing. Another topic that was very educational was how much country music bridges the gap between the older generation and today’s generation. The current and former stars do a great job of still incorporating each other into things going on in country music today. That is something that I found to be rare when compared to other genres of music.  

No comments:

Post a Comment